Monday, May 08, 2006

All the mad rush...

Finally relocated to my new nest recently. The house is small and cozy. Now that we've furnished it, it looks more homely and lived in. Being near the MRT, i can now save a few pennies everyday from taking a bus to the station. All i need are my cars ( or in Hokkien 'car' stand for legs), heh heh.
Yesterday went for a shopping spree with Kenny. I haven't shopped in ages and it was like all hell broke loose! I got a new bag as my old one is ripping apart soon. It was a close fight between green Italy and Orange Holland, but eventually Holland prevailed and now i have a Holland World Cup Bag....woohoo, check it out! Saw a lot of neat stuff and invested in a pair of Crocs for rainy days and when my feet are begging for comfort over fashion. Tried my best to persuade kenny to buy a pair of Hawaiian shorts but he lamented that it will make him look like surfing dude =D In mid afternoon, we spent the time browsing CDs and DVDs in HMV. Oh yes yes, i had a very heavy lunch.. i had 3 buttermilk pancakes topped with whipped cream and blueberries and a Oreo Frappe with Whipped cream while kenny had Macadamia Ice Coffee to accompany his Pork Chop with Fries, Carrots and Pineapples. Sounds sinful , doesn't it? It was so filling that i had to have a crappy dinner of cup noodle.
At work, a nasty turn last week saw my plant churn out 8 consecutive batches of rejects totalling up to 65 tonnes ( that is 65000 kg) after a mix up of raw material, confusing cetyl alcohol with stearyl alcohol. This goes to show a lot of non-chemist how important an extra 2 carbons in an alcohol chain are! It was a big loss to the company but what the heck...what is done is done, no point crying over spilt milk. Learn and move on.... haha~ I feel so sorry for those who did the mix up though.
Xie and Lai Kwan flew to US this morning. I wish them well.

No comments: