Wednesday, April 30, 2008

More Goodies From Sarawak

Hola! I'm back with more goodies from across the South China Sea. These are the 2nd part of photos which was brought to my attention by my anonymous reporter, nicknamed Crispy. Coincidentally, i'll be meeting Crispy tomorrow to venture into another eating escapade that will hopefully be posted here as well...hehehe...

When i made a trip to Kuching 3 years ago, i had one of these, called the 'While Lady', i think. I did not take a photograph of it then, and so Crispy did me a favour by doing it for me 3 years later. This is the ideal drink on a sunny hot day... you know what? I can really use one now... the weather is scorching hot these days.

Kolo Mee Special anyone? I'm not very sure what makes it more 'special' than the ordinary Kolo Mee, would appreciate it if someone drops a line to enlighten me.

Ah... i love this! It's the savoury pastry that those hawkers normally sell with 'you tiao' and 'ham chim peng'. Hmm... is this the one with 'wu xiang' powder or the one with bean paste? Well, don't really care which one is it. Try staring at these for several minutes will give you a massive headache. Stare at it long enough and you may just be able to time-travel.

OoooooooooohHHHH.... METAHORN! I didnt know this particular dessert is THAT famous until i went surfing on a couple of 'Visit Kuching' websites and this is apparently a must-try. Crispy + hubby kept telling me it's called 'metahorn' but when i asked them how it's spelt, they just shrugged and that's the reason why i went surfing around those sites =P

Lastly, who can forget the most famous of them all, the Sarawak Laksa! For the authentic one, only those sold in Sarawak will do it. No point trying those from outside of the state. Period.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg............. it's time for me to go home!!!!

haha. kolo mee normal doesn't come with prawns.. so the special does, and is thus more expensive!

i think i noe where ur sis had the white lady. the red marking on the glass is suspiciuosly familiar!

Anonymous said...

yes, angel is correct...

normal kolo mee doesn't come with prawn and fish..

:)

puffyrazzi said...

Ahhh...icic

Thanks yah