Saturday, August 01, 2009

HK Adventure : Arrival and Market-Hopping

My friends and I took the 6.45 am flight to HK, landed at the airport in mid-morning. We gathered our stuff and headed to take the express train into Kowloon, where we were to change to a shuttle bus to Langham Hotel and walked a distance to our hotel at Tsim Sha Tsui.

With check-in behind us, we freshened up and were raring to go!!! Look at Soo Sun's happy face, excited to shop for bags, clothes, shoes and wedding stuff!

First destination was Ladies' Street, where street vendors sell everything you can imagine possible, especially pirated goods. The fake goods were exceptionally good, saw a fairly good imitation of my Harrods bag....haha.... Bargaining is a must here, but make sure you do it quick before they get irritated.

I was posing for photos while my friends were snatching stuff in Cotton On. My friend Sixian wears Cotton On pumps and they were going for a low price there.

This was taken at Temple Street, after our dinner at the Jordan area. The skirts of the area is filled with sleazy pubs and entertainment centers. Kenny and I went back for an early night, considering we were up at 3.30 am the morning for the flight, while my two over-zealous friends continued shopping till 11 pm.

No comments: