Thursday, September 24, 2009

Mom's Honest-to-Goodness Spread


My mum is an active cook who always comes up with tasty dishes. This time around at home, whenever she whipped up some dishes, i will try to get the photo down ( if i'm not already too hungry). This is a plate of very ordinary green leafy vegetables, except that those are planted in our own backyard, minus all the pesticides and chemicals.


My mom rolls up some spring rolls. I caught a whiff of yummy odour from the kitchen and followed my senses to the kitchen where my mom was frying these. I managed to get a pic of the last raw piece.


She cut them into bite-size pieces before serving. This is the first time i've sampled these. The fillings are soft and moist while the outer layer is crispy ( the texture, not my sister Crispy).


I'm a big fan of soups and my mom's the top of the rank! She cooked a pot of chicken soup for the family. Kampong Chicken, with their tough meat is perfect because they can be brewed for long hours and the meat remains intact.


My mom doesn't normally put flavourings in the soup, so what we taste is the real ingredient in the soup! I'm already craving for more as i look at this pic!


One lunch, after my sister left for KL, my mother cooked this bowl of multi-grain porridge. Despite looking like an ordinary bowl of porridge, it was actually concocted from multi-grains instead of rice. Beat in an egg just before serving...

No comments: