Wednesday, October 12, 2011

What's On My Dressing Table (Part 14)

A popular product by Biotherm ( they must be good, they've got Takeshi Kaneshiro as spokesperson!!) is their Aquasource range. I tried a sample of their Aquasource gel version given free. It comes in a soothing light green semi-transparent gel and is targeted at intensive hydration for the face using thermal plankton cellular water. Hmmm.....It feels very much like the next product I've posted here. We bought one for my friend Sue Anne's birthday this year, although she was actually asking for the Nutrisource line which has been discontinued.

I actually bought Clinique's Dramatically Different moisturizing gel after rave reviews from people. If you like light moisturizers, do purchase this ( but make sure you buy the gel version, because the lotion version is packaged the same, except for the name). Different from my peers, i actually prefer products which are more powdery, so i am pretty indifferent when it comes to the feel of both this and the previous product, although many simply swear by them. This gel is developed to maintain optimal moisture balance for dry skins. One good thing i must say is that the bottle is actually made of plastic so it is very durable and not as heavy as some other brands.

I bought a small tube of this Nivea's gentle cleansing cream for traveling purposes. It does its duties well, at cleaning my skin and making it supple after wash. I didn't like the fact that when i squeeze the cream out it does not look as smooth, like it is not stable. I certainly won't buy this in its normal size.

I recently tried a sample of Sunsilk Weather Defense-Shield & Frizz Control Light Cream. Wowwwwww, i'm impressed by Sunsilk. They are certainly not kidding when they say 'Light'. The cream left absolutely no residue on my hands. Once you apply it to your hair, it is strangely substantive to the hair but not to your hands, well say like M&M, melts in your mouth, not in your hands. This would be a great buy, real value for money.

The Body Shop has a line of body shampoo called 'Earth Lovers' where these are claimed to be sulfate-free, 100% biodegradable etc. etc..... I'm currently using the Watermelon & Eucalyptus one. They have several others which sounds equally yummy. Like all other sulfate-free systems, they really lack of foam, although foam is not a representation of cleansing effect. Kudos to them for consistently caring for the environment though *thumbs up*

No comments: