Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Kage, JB ( Part 1)

 The gang visited JB some time ago, and Lisa brought us to have ala carte buffet at Kage, a Japanese restaurant. Started with some tempura. I never liked fried food much, hence did not try this. My friends lapped it up though.

  
For us girls, Chawanmushi is a must starter for a Japanese meal. At least the chawanmushi is silky and smooth. Pass!
  
Having Japanese food in JB is definitely cheaper than in Singapore. However, we do feel the pinch due to the lower price. The raw fish is probably from frozen sources. Here you can see the various sushi (Suzuki, Sime, Sake, Maguro, Tataki etc.) were slightly off-colour. 
 
 Fried mushroom - tasted quite crispy and non-greasy. I think the fried stuff fared better at this place, but i am no longer a Japanese-cooked dish fan, I'm more of a sashimi fan these day...ahhh...how things have changed since my first Japanese meal.

  
Tako Balls, or octopus balls. I also left this dish for my hungry friends to wipe off. Their verdict was that it's so-so only :(

 
Everybody ordered a Sashimi platter for themselves. The assorted sashimis were served in an ice big bowl. The fish were fresh, but detected a frozen after-taste and it did not have the 'bounce' of normal sashimi.

Hotate (scallop) and Buta Hotate (Pork) grills. The pork was great!! Alas, a good dish we were all singing praises for.... We had too many dishes that lunch, so stay tuned for Part 2. I'm getting lazier and lazier at updating my blog....haha

No comments: