Thursday, March 01, 2007

新年快乐!

Happy Lunar new year everybody! Wishing everyone lotsa good luck and happiness . May my family/friends/ dear and near ones good health and prosperity this year. Hahahaha... i think this came a little behind schedule, but i guess a late wish is better than none.
I was back home in Malaysia for a week. It was scorching hot every single day i spent at home... i helped my mother spring cleaning and baking cookies. Gave Puffy and QQ a bath. Most importantly i came back knowing how to cook vinegar pig trotters :D .
The funniest thing was my mother wrote an email to me and my sisters informing us that she did not get any supply of hong bao packets this year. By the time the three of us returned home, she ended up with a tonne of hong bao packets that will last her to the next year of the pig! hahaha...
My 2nd sis also taught me something new i'd like to share with anyone who is not familiar with some 'Malaysian Culture'. According to her, if you happen to be travelling on a road in Malaysia and you see a vehicle on the road shoulder with a branch ( yes, those from a tree) sticking out of one of its windows, what does it mean? Simple, it means that the particular vehicle has broken down and is awaiting the tow truck. Hmmm...why don't they just use that little triangular thingy that is meant for this purpose?
Well, all society have their own curious little 'weird ' culture. I guess for Singaporeans, it would be using small tissue packets to 'book' your dining seats while you're queueing for food. I also queried my boyfriend if this practice is prevalent in Kuala Lumpur. Apparently, it is not... hohoho.... he works in the Singapore business district area, so he puts up with this act every day during lunch hour.
I know many people got sick after the lunar new year. Take care and get well soon! Cheers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol uk tramadol purchase cheap - order tramadol in canada