Wednesday, July 11, 2007

My Gaming World

I love playing PC and Nintendo DS games. Here's my pick of what rocks and what can be ignored :


Puffyrazzi Favourites

1. Dreamfall : The Longest Journey II
-A continuation from Part I which i played 2 years back but much slicker and with better graphics. Fantastic story development. I recommend this for adventure-game lovers.
.


.
.


2. Syberia
- This game came close to topping this chart of my favourite games, but the storyline is slightly weaker. There is a Part II to this game, but it is too short and not as impressive as the original.
.


.
.

3. Phoenix Wright : Ace Attorney
- I love this cute little mystery-solving game. With its cutesy characters and funny dialogues.
.

.

.
4. Neighbours From Hell

- The naughty little game needs a lot of cheekiness and brain-storming

.


.
.


5. Sims Makin' Magic Expansion Pack
- My favourite among the Sim series of games
.


.
.

6. Hotel Dusk : Room 215
- I love its shady and jazzy theme. Wished it was longer though.
.




.
.


7. The Longest Journey I
- Received rave reviews from the adventure game lovers when it was first released. I love it too!
.





.
.

8. CSI 2 : Dark Motives
- CSI released 4 games but this is the only one that i truly appreciate.
.

.

.

Puffyrazzi's Hall of Shame

1. Cooking Mama

- Fun in the beginning, but then later got annoying.

.


.
.

2. Agatha Christie : Murder on the Orient Express
- The worst adventure game i've ever played. It made me go 'what the...'. Bad, bad storyline, bad, bad game planning and too draggy.
.




.

.

3. CSI 3 : 3 Dimensions of Murder
- They should rename this CIS : Bedebah haha
.



.

.

4. Maple Story

- Pretty fun, but did not need any brain power, just mindless killings. Totally wasted my time and energy. Glad i put it behind me.



OK, that's about it. I've tried to learn to play games on PS2 but i'm not really good at using a game console, so i sort of gave up on it. I still prefer PC games, especially adventure games ( e.g. Syberia and The Longest Journey). Anyone with any good recommendations of adventure games, please let me know! It's so hard to find one with a good plot.

Other games that i'd like to try but have yet to get my hands on them:

1) Trace Memory

2) Harvest Moon

3) Trauma Center : Under the Knife



Alrighty then, have a nice time. Do try out Dreamfall : The Longest Journey. Oh, but you'll need
to know the storyline from part I, so i guess you'll need to play from Part I. It's worth it!





No comments: