Friday, December 28, 2007

Family Day 2007

Early December, my company organised its annual Family Day. This year we had a free weekend stay in Costa Sands, Downtown East. Here i am, at the entrance...fresh after a night of playing Nintendo Wii and mahjong with my colleagues.
.

It was raining for the whole week and yet on that Saturday the sun decided to pay us a visit. How lucky! Good weather meant i could enjoy the outdoor rides in Escape Theme Park, the current ONLY theme park in Singapore.
.

Hmm...the rides did look a little shabby. Kinda reminded me of those in Fun Fairs in Malaysia. Oh well, i'm consoled by the fact that Universal Studios is already starting work on a theme park in Sentosa, cos a theme park of this standard should not be the ONLY one in Singapore. Nevertheless, being the theme park junkie that i am, i did enjoy the rides!
.

After trying out all the rides, we still had 2 free tickets left, so i headed to Wild Wild Wet. I figured if the kids could survive in there...so could i! Anyway, the day ended with me sliding from a 3-storey slide into the pool and the lifeguard pulling me out cos i couldn't float back up! Guess my swimming had not improved since day one... =(
.

Ahh...here's a view of Wild Wild Wet from the chalet grounds. See the yellow tube? That's the slide that claimed me as a victim. Anyway, just glad that there are lifeguards at every corner of the park. They were supposed to be saving 7-year-old kids, but once in a while they can save a 27-year-old like me for fun too!

1 comment:

Handmade With Love said...

Wow! I admire your guts to take the slide although you can't swim. Btw, was the lifeguard good-looking ? :p