Monday, December 03, 2007

Malaysian Chinese Food

Today, i'm going to share some photos of some of those nice Chinese food i love from home. I'm pretty lucky because this time i went back, i had my boyfriend, my sis and my bro-in-law to help me eat my heart out.... haha...

For breakfast, a bowl of steaming hot curry mee with loads of stuff in it. The mini size bowl is mine and the bigger bowl is my sis'. Look at the overcrowding in my bowl...hehe...

Breakfast must come with an aromatic cup of coffee. Hot or cold, up to individual preference. For once, i don't have to drink coffee that comes from a sachet =P

Ooooh, what's this? There are two types of Bak Kut Teh. One type is the clear soup type, with just pieces of pork rib in it. That's soooo NOT my type of Bak Kut Teh. Now, this photo is my ideal bowl of Bak Kut Teh...with pork ribs, pig intestines, mushrooms, you tiao, vege and tao pok....Of course, the soup should be black, not clear... ahhhh...

BIG PAU Malaysia style!!!! Actually my sister requested for this, cos in KL, most of the eateries sell mass-produced Big Pau. Same here for me... so you can imagine our delight at seeing home-made big pau that we can get from most coffee shops at home.

The pau was so big i couldn't finish one on my own. I think the pau was as big as both my palms put together! Look at the nice colour of the meat and egg, very fresh... love it~

One of my mother's signature dish is salty tang yuan. You can see me busy making tang yuan for my mother's soup here... hehe

And this is the final product! Most people eat tang yuan the sweet way, but in Wee Family, we eat it the salty way....goodz!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum~~yum~~

How to gamfei liddat?