Friday, December 19, 2008

A Very Happy Belly

While i was in KL early this month, one of my top agendas (besides shopping) was of course to eat the WONDERFUL food there!
.
This was the food served during my bus trip with Aeroline. It was my first time taking the bus. All the people close to me who stay in KL take this bus KL-SIN and vice versa. That's why i also decided to try it out. I think this breakfast was pretty scrumptious and very filling. On my way back, they served Subway. I eat that pretty often, so i didn't bother to take a pic.
.
On one Sunday afternoon, my sis and my bro-in-law brought me to IKEA and The Curve to shop for things for their new house. We had a late lunch at Seri Penang. Oh gosh, i miss Penang food!
.
Hehe.... Penang Char Kway Teow....ladies and gentlemen! It did taste pretty good, given that most of the best Penang food come from hawker stalls, and not air-conditioned eateries such as this.
.
Woohoo~ Penang Laksa! What a treat for myself! Finally i got to eat an authentic one, with actual fish pieces seen. I couldn't find any in Singapore, which are of passable quality, even. Ahh...thumbs up for this bowl of Penang Laksa!
.
When i first got off the bus at Sunway Pyramid when i reached KL, i saw a restaurant called 'House of Pancakes' and i made a mental note that i would like to try out a pancake place. Pancakes are one of the food on my favourite Top 5, i think probably because my mom used to make nice pancakes for me. I remember having to beg her to make some for breakfast cos i love it~ Ok back to the story, while we were shopping in Mid Valley Megamall, my sister and I had initially wanted to have lunch at Din Tai Fung, but i just couldn't get pancakes off my mind...and voila! Pancakes at Paddington House of Pancakes...
.
I have a sweet tooth, and so i ordered this dish of small pancakes that came with bananas, peaches and coconut shavings, topped with vanilla ice cream. It also came with 3 dip sauces : Peanut Butter, Brown Sugar and Chocolate sauce....hohoho.... this spells sinful with a capital S!
.
Since i ordered a dessert pancake, my sister decided upon this savoury pancake dish. The fillings were actually made up of stuff with beef and tomato paste...sort of like Lasagna....The mashed potato was nice, but overall, this dish was a disappointment. It didn't have much taste at all....
.
I love pancakes so much i licked my plates clean!
.
The pancakes were hardly digested and it was already time for dinner. My sis and I had dinner at this Chinese restaurant, but we didn't order any rice. We actually only had some light dishes...including this bowl of lotus root soup, which she didn't like.
.
The main dish of the night was Kungbao Chicken....yum.....
.
We didn't have rice, so we had 'Flower Buns'. Hey, that's what the menu said anyway.... they were actually just mantous shaped like flowers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!! the photos turned out nice!!

eRjie

puffyrazzi said...

Of course!!! I picked the nicest of them all...the lousy ones have been deleted. Lucky we took multiple shots lah...