Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Homemade Pineapple Tarts


Today i'm going to share with everyone part of my mom's pineapple tart secret. She used to make the 'open' version, and the pineapple was cooked from scratch but with less people helping her now, she has progressed to making the 'closed' version and buying prepackaged pineapple. Here are the pineapple balls which i made in the morning. The whole lump of pineapple paste has to be rolled into bite-size balls.



After lunch, my mom started preparing the dough for the tarts.



The dough was also rolled into bite-size balls, and the pineapple balls are stuffed into the dough one by one. This year i learnt how to perform this step, and my mom was stationed next in the production line where she used a pair of scissors to make little thorns on the tarts. My father, meanwhile, put on the last touch by placing the clove.


Here the tarts are ready to be placed in the oven. Their surface has been glossed with a layer of egg yolk for its shine.



Finally, the tarts are out of the oven. My sisters love these, hope they'll ultimately learn to make their own...haha....




1 comment:

G~reen H`eart said...

I am a great fan of your mom's production. Especially pineapple tart. I want I want....