Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Hotpot + Bubble Tea


Boss had earlier promised us that she will bring us out for a good treat. She has 8 chemists working under her, and so decided to divide us into two groups. I managed to join the group that headed to China Square for steamboat!


It was a perfect Friday evening, just after a heavy downpour. The steamboat comes in yin yang style, we had one scallop base and the other is a 'Ma La' base. I like the scallop base better, it was clear and refreshing, while the spicy soup was way too oily.


The steamboat came in buffet style where patrons can take whatever they want from the buffet line. I took lots of my favourite food, like corn, xiaobai cai, mushrooms and clams.


We could also order plates of thinly sliced beef, pork, mutton or chicken as well.


Recently, i was introduced to this gem of a place. I found the best-tasting bubble tea in town! This is my wonderfully delicious cup of vanilla milk tea.


Ever since i've moved to Sembawang, i've been a regular at the Koi Cafe at Ang Mo Kio Hub. The price are a little steep, compared to Sweet Talk, but it is worth it. Ok lah, the queue was also worth it lor...

No comments: