Monday, May 31, 2010

Yum Cha


The last meal we had just before Mayumi headed to the airport is at Chinatown. She was there to get some last minute souvenirs for our colleagues in Croda Japan. This is my second time at Yum Cha, my first time was the branch at Toa Payoh but it was for a breakfast to celebrate a friend's birthday.


I believe this was a peashoot dumplings? Anyway, it came in a very appetising greenish colour. We were famished then and this was a pleasant start to our dim sum dinner. Where else but in Chinatown do you get dim sum for dinner??


Ohhh, succulent Har Gao! I'm a big fan of har gaos and their fresh prawns nicely wrapped within the dough, but this Har Gao was slightly off the mark. Had better ones at cheaper establishments.


Xiao Long Bao. My favourite is still the ones from Din Tai Fung. I didn't like how Yum Cha stuffed the fine gingers on top of the buns. Just let me have the liberty to choose whether i would like ginger on it.


Lo Mai Kai which came wrapped in lotus leaf, pretty fragrant with the leave's aroma and has a nice glutinous rice texture too.




To top it up, we had cheese lobster fried bee hoon. The novelty to this dish is that the bee hoon is fried and are in triangular shapes ( sort of like mini pizza slices). Mayumi said that this was good! I bet she loves lobster and cheese!

No comments: