Thursday, June 16, 2011

Amazing Local Foods

I've uncovered my knack of having curry puff not long ago. I adore Old Chang Kee's curry puffs, and later Sixian introduced me to this famous old brand in Singapore - Tip Top Curry Puff. It only has one outlet in Ang Mo Kio, but i've read in a magazine that they are planning to have several new branches selling this puff. The stall has also been revamped to encompass a new identity.

The company claims that the puffs are fried only once order is put in. The sad thing was, i didn't get to try this puff that day cos we were on a Food Race, and so my stomach was already taken up by other foods. I had this in my bag, but by the end of the day i was so stuffed and so Sixian brought it home for her parents.

Also in Ang Mo Kio food court is a stall famous for its Satay Bee hoon.

I've never had an affinity for Satay Bee Hoon, cos i just don't get the concept. However, i tried this and found it to be really satisfying. It contains my favourite hums, and the satay sauce was heavenly think and full of peanut crunch.

At the basement of Ang Mo Kio hub, you will find a long queue developing for this Durian Pancake. It's worth the wait, for the pancake on the outside is warm and fluffy, slightly sweet and moist....while on the inside resides the durian goodness. The filling is absolutely divine, with ice cold durian paste which still has chunky bits of durian and bursting with the pungent flavour.

Check out those smiles as we prepare to sink our teeth into the pancake.

Just opposite Serangoon JC is a row of shophouses. One of it is a very famous shop selling Teochew cakes.

I never really liked snacks of this nature, so Sixian downed both of it! Haha....

No comments: