Saturday, June 04, 2011

What's On My Dressing Table? ( Part 10)


I haven't actually used this, but the two girls in my lab team uses this Clarins alcohol-free toner and frequently gives me rave reviews about this product. More and more people opt for alcohol-free toner perhaps due to the drying effect alcohol has on the skin.


I got this Laneige Renewal Day Cream ( SPF 36/PA++) as a free sample. East Asian women love products by Laneige because it has a light, watery feel that leaves no residue on the skin. They always come up with innovative new products which work very well with our climate and skin type.


At this moment, i'm using Essential's Ultra Honey & Shea Butter Hair Mask twice a week. A gripe i have about this product is that the texture of this hair mask when you scoop it up is not glossy and smooth. Hence when i apply it on my hair it is hard to spread on the hair and tends to drop in a blob onto my bathroom floor. Other than that, it is working very well and i can feel that my hair is looking more conditioned these days.


Another sample i got is Laneige's Water Bank Eye Gel. Similar to the above Laneige daily cream, this eye gel is light and almost feels like nothing.


Recently there has been crazy advertising by Bio Essence for their product enriched with Bird's Nest. The way they put it in their adverts is that Bird's Nest is rich with collagen and by applying this cream, you will enrich your skin with collagen. This is misleading because you will not obtain more collagen by applying it on their skin, but through ingestion from eating. I'm not sure why they advertise that way cos it's really a myth, not a fact.


My heavenly hair serum. Vanilla is my favourite scent and this serum by Organix not only leaves my hair smelling the way i like it, it also makes my hair more manageable and less frizzy. I'm not sure if i'd like to change to another brand, but i feel kinda stupid too, cos the main reason why i love is product is because of its scent....haha

No comments: