Monday, December 12, 2005

In a glance

In a blink of an eye, another year has just swept past me. Fortunately ( or unfortunately) this year is pretty much uneventful . It’s the time of the year to make new year resolutions for the coming calendar but I really am not the kind who is into making resolutions. Most people break them anyway, so what the hell…

Career wise, I have improved tremendously since my novice days. It is still pretty daunting to make important decisions that will affect tonnes of output, but the job gets easier as my confidence grows. People in the lab are very close and intimate and we hang out together, which is great for working relations. Of course for every fast friend, you get a bitter rival. You can never escape the politics bitch nor the cunning backstabber. On the other hand, learn to live with them… haha…This year I welcome 2 new-found friends, li’l sis Annie and Jianwen but lost a great buddy who has since relocated to New Zealand. The lab has not been the same without him…

I’m also finding more ways for my money to grow, but of course that’s my secret…heehee

As for my family, everyone is in the pink of health, with no big health threats so I’m thankful for that. Papa, Mama n Puffy are enjoying a quiet retreat back home ; dajie is busy with the MIB ; erjie is shuttling between kuching , shah alam n kuantan ; finally Frosty is sleeping and eating his days away.

I am also glad that my peers are finding success in their chosen paths. My friends in Singapore are all immersed in never-ending workload and are still able to find time for birthday celebrations and gatherings. Also a word of thanks to Hsin-hui and Tong Wooi who looked me up when they dropped by from UK and Canada respectively. As for Chih Yin (who recently started blogging too!), thanks for keeping in touch. Our friendship means a lot to me as well. Of course I can’t forget Joyce… we did ‘many’ things together , in fact more than we did when we were in KE. We still watch F1 every fortnightly and now exchange maple tips.

My gratitude to 闷蛋 for supporting this site and for being an ardent reader.. xD

To wolfie, I Love You. Thanks for sharing all you have with me.

In 2005, we saw the debut of Lost and Desperate Housewives. And TV is saved from catastrophe following the demise of popular sitcoms ‘Friends’, ‘Everybody Loves Raymond’, ‘Frasier’ and ‘Sex and the City’. A fresh change from the saturation of reality shows 24/7.

In sports, a good year indeed. Federer dominated, Alonso drove like a man possessed, Chelsea swept all before them, Liverpool beat the odds to lift the European Cup, emergence of Michelle Wie in golf, Valentino Rossi’s dominance was unbeaten , Joscelin Yeo won more SEA games medals for Singapore… wait..i don’t really care about that last bit. :P

Not a very good year for the global community as a whole. The year started badly with the Boxing day tsunami which affected the regions too close for comfort. Who’d expect more were to come like the Bali ‘encore’ bombing and Pakistan quake? Another incident that I recall would be the England tube and bus simultenous bombing that came a day after the announcement that London would be hosting the 2012 Olympics. I was in Kyoto when I heard the news and was shocked beyond words, coupled by the fact that I had a few friends residing in London. Also, not to mention the bird flu scare that rocked the region for much of the year.

And now, 2006 is a few weeks away. Time to sing Auld Lang Syne… and a toast to a better year in store. Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was reading ur blog and suddenly saw the 闷蛋 there hahahaha..
terkejut a bit..

well, wish u hv a good year ahead...

I am "preparing" to start my blog soon too..hahahahaha...