Saturday, January 06, 2007

Merry 2007!

Merry X'mas and a happy 2007 all! This greeting came kinda late, but better late than never. I was hampered all week by the internet glitch at home. Ahhh, the power of mother nature, who showed her rage on Boxing Day last year. One quick jolt to the seabed made some of us unfortunate ones lost connection with the web for days. Sigh...and my connection now is still slightly slower than it used to be.
So, did everyone get what they wanted last X'mas? I never really had any experience celebrating X'mas before i came over to S'pore. It was only after i came here, the habit of gift exchanging began to rub on me, thanks to the frenzy of those around me...haha... I was out almost all day on X'mas day this time, soaking up the spirit in the shopping district. However, i didn't anticipate that half of the stores would be closed. Ah well, at least the cab queue was short, actually it was almost non-existent ;)
As for New year's eve, it was a blur to me. I was zapped from having to recover from a night shift, so i spent almost the entire day snoozing away. I did wake up briefly to catch the 'MOMENT'. But half an hour later, i was snoozing again.
Ahhh, i miss food from home. My favourite food in the entire world is Malaysian style hokkien mee ( the s'pore version sucks to the max). Look look, i captured a picture so that i can gawk over it whenever i want. Looks pretty sinful huh? Covered with pork lard and fats, it is not meant for the tubby ones. Also not advisable for those with high cholesterol levels =P




On the 5th day in Malaysia, i was running a high fever due to a throat infection. Guess how much it cost me to see a doc for consultation + 2 medicine courses? Less than RM15, which amounts to about $6. Waaaa hhahahaah.... on my way out of the GP's clinic,i spotted a famous kopi shop and i smiled sheepishly at my father. We ended up buying a humongous Da Bao (big pau) - malaysian big pau size is more than double of s'pore's - and a homemade Lo Mai Kai.


My mom is the renowned cook /chef in my neighbourhood. When she's not busy making pizzas of baking her own bread, she'll be in a neighbour's home making cream puffs. Some of my all-time favourites that my mother alwiz makes on my request are : Fried pork meatballs, Fa Gao (steamed cupcakes), durian cream puffs, pancakes, apple pie, pizza that i top on my own (yay! extra mushrooms) and this light dish ( see pic). Minced pork with added dong cai surrounding an egg.


Enough of babbling today. It is Saturday today, i'm getting ready to go out shopping with one of my bestest fren whom i have not seen for 2 months...ciaoz. Lastly, a happy new year once again woohooo~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adooi! Your post really make me hungry lar....hmm...mebbe I should go and buy that Da Bao too!! :)

Happy shopping!