Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Malaysian Peranakan Food

During my recent trip to KL, my boss and I had the chance to have dinner together in One Utama. We had initially picked to dine in TGIF, but it was pretty crowded so we went for the less patronized Peranakan Place. The place was decorated in traditional Baba Nyonya taste with matching furniture.



I had my favourite Penang Laksa, but i still prefer the version i had with my sister in The Curve few months back. This one had less fish, and too much prawn paste. But it was still sour and tangy, just the way i like it.



My boss opted to have rice with this Chicken Curry. I didn't try this, so i'm not sure what to make of it. The serving is big and cheap too!


Lastly, a nice plate of ladies' fingers to provide us with some fiber. This dish is simple yet it was well-cooked to perfection. The ladies' fingers were very supple and chewy. We had a very heavy and expensive lunch the next day but i was too embarassed to whip out my camera in front of the supplier company's Managing Director and his board of managers...haha...

No comments: