Sunday, December 05, 2010

What's On My Dressing Table? ( Part 4)


This is the new mass-market sunscreen lotion created by US company Mentholatum. I had to bring a strong sunscreen to Egypt and this new product was just launched. Check out the SPF130/PA+++! I think it's the first product to feature such a high Sun Protection Factor! Good point : It's not oily AT ALL, not surprising with the amount of silicone present in the ingredient list. I love how velvety it actually feels, i didn't like it at first, but after a few use, i must say i'm impressed. However, be reminded to shake it before use, or all the inorganic UV filters will be settled at the bottom, and you don't get optimum protection. Bad point : it's too fluid for my liking and when i apply it tends to drip before i could spread it out.


My Missha masks! You know, these Korean brands really come up with yummy-flavoured masks. This one comes with extracts like royal jelly, aloe vera, caviar, champagne etc. Putting these masks on are effortless and the packaging is attractive. I've bought the whole line to try out. However, i still prefer The Face Shop's and Skinfood's masks.


The Face Shop Sake Body Lotion is what i slapped on my body after my shower to keep the skin moisturised. It retains the moisture and keeps my skin supple. Actually, i'm not that demanding when it comes to skin lotions, as long as it's easy to spread and does not smell too strong is fine for me. It's the act of gently rubbing a lotion, slowly massaging your skin which carries your worries away :)


This trusty brand Head & Shoulders is still head and shoulders above the rest of the new anti-dandruff shampoos. After years of experimenting with different brands, this is still the forerunner in combating dandruffs.


Estee Lauder's advanced night repair reminds me of body secretions like the mucus. Estee Lauder has lauded this product as their 'IT' product - every brand claims to have a product they are most proud of. This product feels very similar to Lancome's Genefique, but uses less ingredients. I have seen many new products by brands like Bioessence, Clinique, SK-II which felt similar and has same functions. This kind of product calls out to the baby boomers and are sort of like answers to their worries. Actually, i can't tell if this product actually works though. In my opinion, i prefer Estee Lauder's Perfectionist (CP+)Wrinkle Lifting Serum, which i thought is a much better product.


No comments: