Thursday, May 12, 2011

Tao Restaurant


To celebrate February birthdays, the gang had a great lunch at Tao Restaurant in Po-Mo ( previously known as Paradiz Center). They offer a 6-course lunch for SGD19.80++, which consists of a starter, a salad, a soup, an entree, a dessert and a beverage. Each category comes with a few choices and all you need to do is to tell the waiter your choice. Before the 6-course, they also had thick bread with butter for us.


This Bacon & Mushroom Gratin is their starter. It's buttery and sticky, with lots of bacon and mushroom within. It was served piping hot and signaled a good start for us :)


I picked this Fruit Salad for my salad dish. I didn't like it cos they neglected to mention all the crab stick meat that would be sitting on the bed of fruits. I hate crab sticks!


Wendy had a better choice - Huai San. It was some Chinese herb served on shaved ice and with accompanying sauce. Sue Anne also ordered a great salad, but i didn't capture a photo. She ordered a mouth-watering Top Shell Salad with Cold Soba.


Cream of Mushroom is always my choice when it comes to soups. This particular one is rich, creamy and full of mushroom goodness. Not too salty, just nice.


Their Cream of Pumpkin came in a special bowl.


I had my meal with this Iced Apple Rose Tea. It was refreshing with the apple flavouring, plus it contains a rose scent as well as rose buds in the tea. It was an aromatic combination, which i really love.


For my entree, i decided to go for Oriental, hence this Spicy Stingray. It was surprisingly homely and comforting! The sambal was fantastic and the fish was fresh and easy to chew on. Recommended to try.


I knew i would be stuffed by the time dessert came, so i chose this as my dessert - Yangsheng Poached Pear with Red Dates. The pear was mildly sweet and digested my heavy meal well. Wow, we had a great lunch, coupled with good company and conversation. It was a wonderful afternoon.

No comments: