Monday, May 02, 2011

What's On My Dressing Table ? ( Part 9)


One of my friends bought this for me as a favour last year and she bought this on a travel size for me to try. Pantene's Total Care shampoo smells divine and works well at gently cleansing my hair, at the same time providing ample care for my scalp. Pantene is a good shampoo brand and we constantly use it as a benchmark product in our lab.


I got this from Pink Beauty in West Mall. It actually comes in many colours but my favourites are the black and pink. The black gives my eyes a 'smoky-eye' effect, while the pink one when applied under the eyes give them a teary-eye effect. Made in Japan, that explains the teary-eye effect. My friend commented that it makes women look innocent and fragile xD


I bought this Spiced Vanilla Body Lotion from Body Shop during their post Christmas sale for 40% off....wahahahah.... it helps keep my body moisturised after shower every day, leaving it velvety and supple. However, it is not as lubricious as my previous Face Shop Sake Body Lotion and less smooth. So, Body Shop loses my vote on this one.


Currently using Dove's Grapefruit & Lemongrass body shower. It sounded like such a lovely combination. However, after 1 use, i found that the fragrance wasn't as good as i expected. The foaming was also weaker, and i had to use more to get my desired effect. I suspect i will use up this bottle really quickly. Can't wait to try something else....


I got a small jar of Estee Lauder's Hydrationist for free as sample. Some people don't like it, but i am really happy with its powdery texture and pleasant smell. My skin feels softer to touch and smoother upon application. However, i detected slight rancidity in the smell after 2 months opening it. It could be the inherent stability in the formulation, or could be because it is sold as a jar and hence is prone to contamination from the user's finger re-dabbing in the jar.

No comments: