Friday, September 23, 2011

Orchid Live Seafood Beer Garden

There's a beer garden in KL, but there's also one in Singapore, introduced to me by Datin, my Dajie. Really Datin lah, cos she comes to this place in Bah Soon Pah Rd at Orchid Live Seafood to have Lobster Porridge.

I had a Bamboo Clam before my meal. It was cooked generously with lots of garlic to rid of the sea smell. The final dish that ended up on my table is wonderfully chewy and tastes surprisingly fresh. 

Datin also recommended me to try their veggies cos they are planted right at the backyard of this eatery and I think they are organic? Never mind, they do taste different than the normal fare you get outside, and I meant it as a compliment.

Yup, Datin always comes here for Lobster Porridge so i also ordered one lah. But i didn't really like it. First of all, i prefer porridge that are cooked till you can't see the original shape of the rice, not the kind where you see the rice beads in a broth. Also, i didn't really like the taste of this lobster, it is kinda like eating a really huge prawn, and i'm not a big fan of prawns. The soup is really nice, though. It must be great to have this on a rainy day, cos I had to sit alfresco at this place and was working up a sweat.

This is one of their signature dishes : Steven Chicken. The chicken wing is fried to perfection....muack *puffyrazzi kisses her finger in an OK sign*. Don't know how they push the meat in the mid joint to reveal the bones, but this Steven Chicken had me craving for more. Every time i pass by Bah Soon Pah Rd, my head is filled with thoughts of this dish and saliva starts to drip. Y-U-M-M-Y!!

No comments: