Monday, September 19, 2011

What's On My Dressing Table? (Part 13)

Boi-ing Industrial Concealer is an industrial strength concealer by Benefit. For me, it is exceptionally functional in hiding one of the biggest flaws of my face, my dark eye circles and eye bags. In fact, it is very durable and doesn't even budge at the end of my working day. No wonder they call it 'industrial strength'....haha...

I normally rotate my shampoo use on alternate days. At the same time i'm using Clairol's Pina Colada ( from a few posts back), i am also using Clear Cool Menthol shampoo. While it claimed to be cool as menthol, i could hardly feel that icy cool sensation when washing my hair. I still remember the menthol shampoo i used at Crispy's home, i forgot the brand, but its menthol imparted such a refreshing, cooling effect on my scalp.

Do you remember my complaining about Dove's conditioner having too much fragrance within? Well, i bought the Hair Mask too and guess what? It had the same fragrance and as strong as ever too. Gosh! Having said that, i thought that Dove's conditioner and hair mask serve their purpose very well and leaves the hair repaired and improves its combability.

One of the projects we recently completed was formulating a cold cream ala Hazeline Snow. So we bought a jar for reference. It only cost us $2 per jar.... they had a new version in green packaging, which comes with SPF protection, but we prefer this yellow, old-school version. It is cheap, feels good and only boasts 4 ingredients on its label...haha...no wonder it's not expensive to make. Sure beat those new creams with 50 ingredients on its label and costs 100 times this.

I saw Sephora's adjustable sunscreen on the pages of a magazine and was puzzled at how specific this product is. It says that this product has an adjustable cap which controls whether you want it SPF 15, 30 or 50, meaning it has three separate compartments within housing sunscreen of different SPF. Would you buy this? I would just buy a bottle with SPF 50! Why bother deciding which SPF you need on a different day depending on your sun exposure? Some brands really have 'itchy butts' to come up with such 'creativity'.

No comments: