Thursday, January 05, 2012

Juju Hokkaido Hotpot

Ever since having buffet lunch at Tao Restaurant next door, i've been waiting for a chance to dine in at the sister restaurant Juju Hokkaido Hotpot next door. Finally, after work there was a chance! The hotpot came with a starter of Semi-Boiled Golden Egg with House Starters. Hmmm....not bad not bad... for a cold egg. The salmon roll was tasty too.

My pick was the Premium beef hotpot. This is the platter, came complete with my favourite thinly-sliced beef, broccoli and golden mushrooms! Yippeee....

My friend ordered a seafood set...wahh...the serving looks generous and with a wide variety. Although it came in generous heaps, the ingredients were so-so only, nothing to rave about. The soup was a little salty for me.

Each set also comes with five flavours of frozen dumplings they call Assorted Rainbow Dumplings. I must say this really exceeded my limit. I had trouble finishing the first platter, let alone 5 dumplings! And they were not that nice anyway, somehow they split open when i throw them into the hotpot...bah...

Just after you wipe away you dinner, the wait staff whisks out two cups of Ice Plum Vinegar to let you ease your stomach after the very heavy meal.

My friend's dessert - Fresh Fruit Sago.... Hmm...the fruit fresh meh?

My Chocolate Parfait fared better. At least it had better taste and i could finish it with no trouble :)

The best part was going up to Mount Emily just behind where we had the hotpot to have Taiwanese Lychee Beer at Wild Rocket. I love the taste of this girly beer! The hardcore beer-drinkers hate this beer but me like! It's like mixing lychee syrup with beer! It's so nice, i bought a bottle home too. This place is really rustic and nostalgic. It is an old colonial house with lazy rattan chairs at the patio. While i'm enjoying my lychee beer, free-roaming cats were sitting by my side....

1 comment:

Vivek Ravindran said...

Awesome blog!!! Like those food pics.. Keep it going