Friday, March 31, 2006

Lessons Learnt in a Week


The week began with a birthday celebration of an old friend. It was a amiable girls outing (incidentally all the guys were out of town; 1 in UK, 1 in Australia, 1 in Malaysia). We spent the night away at a cafe equipped with various board games. Most of them are not even sold in this part of the world! The best part of the night was that the birthday presents were matched in colours. Everything came in green and white! I'm not surprised considering the gifts were bought by Shin Yen ( who on the same night insisted that all of us wear pink to her wedding reception in October!)
On the same day, my super mama foiled an attempt to burglar my house back in Malaysia. A thief used tools found in my garden to make a hook and used a pole to get to the goodies in my parent's room. Unfortunately for the thief, my mama instintively woke up at the right time to spoil the party. Even if my mama did not wake up, the thief was hooking the wrong bag. The bag he thought was a handbag was actually a bag full of my mom's curlers. Probably the thief needed a perm job! =) Great experience for my sister who made a trip to the police station to lodge a report. I've never been to a police station myself.
Lastly, there were lessons to be learnt in the lab as well. Angel set her hair and labcoat on fire after a minor glitch. It sounds like a scene from a Looney Tunes cartoon but it reminded me to be extra careful in the lab. Just a thought, i've always wondered why NONE of the long-haired girls in my lab ever tie their hair? I always thought it was part of a safety procedure to have your long hair tied ( sort of like you have to wear safety glasses once you enter a lab). Also i learnt that to dispose of a concentrated acid, you need to dilute it with water and not neutralise it with a base! Haha! Whoever wants to find out the outcome, feel free to try it . You will create a mini volcano, trust me!
P/s Wilson has been destroyed by my Senior Chemist sob sob...

1 comment:

G~reen H`eart said...

Shin Yen is pretty. So are you.