Thursday, October 21, 2010

What's On My Dressing Table? (Part 1)

Starting from today, i'll blog about some of the personal care items that i covet or i own. I'll start off with some that i have tried or have. Ahh, the joys of doing this, since i have switched departments to formulating personal care products. I've had fun doing research in magazines and in departmental store counters.


First item is something i've coveted for a long time, but never got myself to buy cos it's expensive! This is Guerlain's Meteorites Perles. It is an iluminating foundation powder in pearl form. It comes in three shades depending on your skin tone.


This is my Skinfood Eggplant Pumping Volume Mascara. Basically to prevent your mascara from smearing, you can only put two zig-zag coats and that's it or you'll overload your lashes. I use this for touch-up because the wand is flat and you do not get chunks of mascara on your lash.

Wow, i love this product. It's my Kiehl's Calendula Herbal-Extract Toner. It is alcohol-free, very gentle on the skin. It smells heavenly and has flower residues within the bottle, to prove just how near to nature you are. I'm hooked, don't think i can go back to another brand. I was actually introduced to this brand by my pharmacist friend who said that the founder of this brand was a pharmacist too.

Next : Clarins Aqua Essence Morning Energy, fortified with Redcurrent, Green Coffee and White Tea Extracts. Pump this onto your face after your toner every morning to rejuvenate your skin.

Ohhh...my Skinfood Lecithin Base Mascara. It is white and acts as a base before your mascara. It also protects and nourishes your lashes.


New from Benefit is Benetint, a bloody red solution to gently brush on your lips or cheeks to give it a rosy tint. I love how this natural this pink hue looks especially on the cheeks, it made the cheeks look like they have a natural pinkish colour instead of a blusher.


My leave-on conditioner by big German company Schwarzkopf. Eventhough this is a well-known common brand in Europe, i always have trouble finding this, only get them from Carrefour. This spray comes in two layers, you need to shake well before spraying it on your hair. The only downside of this product is that i need to use alot of it and when i spray it on the hair, some of it tend to rain down on my mosaic floor, making it really slippery.

Eventhough Olay is not a very premium brand, but their White Radiance series has a very good sensory feel. I am currently using the big bottle in the middle, with SPF24/PA++. Despite this being one of the cheaper items on my dressing table, it has one of the best skinfeel. Value for money!

4 comments:

eRjie said...

wah~~~and this is only Part I...

puffyrazzi said...

Ya betui, hope can blog till part 10...wakakakaka

eRjie said...

you have a big big table kah???

eRjie's friend said...

faint~~ din even know so much of things can put on to our face & eyelashes!!