Thursday, January 28, 2010

My Favourite Cuisine : Thai !


Whenever somebody asks me what's my favourite cuisine in the world, i would definitely say Thai food! Chinese comes a close second though, so i am not forgetting my heritage here! One of the reasons for this passionate love for Thai food is because it makes me eat more than i normally can. The spicy and sour food just opens up my appetite....oh yeah~


Whenever i go to Thai Express and if i happen to order a beverage, it will definitely be the Chiang Mai Mango Blend. I adore mango, and this silky smooth conconction is one of my favourite drinks.


Given a choice between the red or clear Tom Yum soup, i will always opt for the clear version. Thai Express has a mean Tom Yum soup that i love because it has a nice mix of things in it. The spicy and sour taste is also just right for my taste bud, not overdoing things. I've tried ordering the Tom Yum glass noodles ( individual portion) but somehow the soup is a little watered down, so i still prefer to order just the soup.


This is my first time trying some of the appetizers there. The fried squid is pretty alright. I love the fact that even though it is fried, it doesn't come across as greasy or oily.


At first i thought these are real chicken wings. When my teeth finally sink into the winglets, i realised that the winglets were actually stuffed meat ( tastes like Thai fish cakes). I happen to like fish cakes, with its strong spice and lemongrass taste, so this is actually a great substitute for Thai fish cakes.


The Mango Salad is good too. One thing i didn't like though, is that they put lots of chilli padi inside, so i always have to take time to pull these pesky little creatures out so that i don't accidentally eat them and risk having a burning throat for the rest of the day!


My favourite kind of curry - the green version!! The green chicken curry to be exact. As a whole, this is a perfect meal to have. If i ever die, this is what i wish to have for my last meal...ahahaha

No comments: